Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pabloreadi
Regular Visitor

Connector Postgre SQL DATABASE

Hi,

I want to get data from a PostgreSQL database but the error appear "This connector requires one or more additional components to be installed before it can be used". I installed Npgsql-3.2.4.msi , I restart computer but the same error. Help me please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@pabloreadi,

It seems that your PostgreSQL is secured with SSL. To make Power BI Desktop work with secured PostgreSQL, you would need to copy SSL certificate for the PostgreSQL server to the machine running Power BI Desktop and import it to Windows certificate store. Because Power BI Desktop uses the windows certificate store to decide what to trust, once you tell the Windows that is running Power BI Desktop to trust the SSL certificate for the PostgreSQL server, Power BI Desktop will trust it too.

In addition, in the configuration folder for the PostgreSQL server there is a postgresql.conf file, search it for SSL settings, there is one with the location of the SSL certificate. Take a look at the server name when you import the SSL certificate and connect from Power BI Desktop using the same server name. Then check if the above error goes away.

There is a similar thread for your reference.
http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Postgres-error-with-Power-BI-Desktop/td-...

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.