Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connection with shared rooms in exchange

Hi all, 

Currently I'm looking into the connection with MS Exchange. I need to create insight into the availablity of meetings rooms in combination with the availablity of our staff. I can't seem to connect to a shared resource (the meetings rooms). Connection through exchange are made with a mailadress. And if i connect with my own email, to try, i can only gain insight in my own agenda, not the shared ones. 

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the data from the shared calendars/rooms?

Thank you in advance 🙂 

Regards, 

André

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue has been fixed. Problems with security and the accessibility of the exchange room. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

I test my connection with exchange and it can get the data from the shared calendars.

Exchange online->Microsoft account->Meeting Requests

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Maggie, 

Thank you for your response, but unfortunatly it does not solve the problem. I tried to connect with my own mailbox (with microsoft creds) and the mailbox of the meeting room. In the first scenario i could only find my own meeting requests, but not from my colleagues. And in the second scenario I got and error (emailadress is switch with dummyname): 

DataSource.Error: ErrorItemNotFound: The specified object was not found in the store., The process failed to get the correct properties.
Details:
    DataSourceKind=Exchange
    DataSourcePath=meetingroom@email.com

Regards, 

André

Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue has been fixed. Problems with security and the accessibility of the exchange room. 

@Anonymous  are you able to tell me what permissions required changing? I am trying to link resource rooms to BI and am having issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @lamysroe

If i remember correctly they made me owner or admin of the shared room resource. As soon as the report was finished I was put on other projects and never really have the chance to investigate what role solved the problem.

i hope this solves your issue, sorry that i cant be of anymore help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.