Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

montoyesco
Helper I
Helper I

Connection with parameters to SAP-BW

Hi,

In the next URL:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-june-update/

Here they mention that one of the improvements of the June update was that the connection to SAP BW can already be parameterized, as the image from this article shows, in the part enclosed in the red box:

connection.PNG

However, nothing of this appear when I connect to SAP-BW. Could you tell me how I can get the boxes that allow me to enter parameters for the query in SAP-BW?

5 REPLIES 5
gtavo_07

Hi, 

Do you find the answer for this problem? I have the same case with a bex query, Power BI don´t apply the filters selected. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @montoyesco,

You need to create variables or parameters in your SAP BW model. See: Defining Variables .

For detail steps, you can contact SAP BW for help here.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

The parameters are already created into the Bex querys. That's why I'm askyng this.

Hi @montoyesco,

I have sent you private message. Please try the private build to see if the issue solved.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your answer, but it doesn't apply for this case, because I don't need to read on DirectQuery mode..... I just need to read a Bex query with parameters.... that' all. According to the last update, it can be possible, but it seems that' not. Please, tell me what should I do to active in Power BI this function.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.