Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AGo
Post Patron
Post Patron

Connection to OneDrive from Online

Hello!

Why do I see a blank page when trying to get data from OneDrive from the PowerBI online most of the time?

I once (with no reason) managed to see my real list of files and folders and tried to connect to a file, it succeded but then I wasn't able to download the report in .pbix to edit it, why?

Is it possible to connect to a folder of csv on drive automatically refreshing at files changing? I read this phrase on BI online documentation:

"OneDrive - Business – If you have OneDrive for Business and you sign into it with the same account you sign into Power BI with, this is by-far the most effective way to keep your work in Excel Power BI Desktop, or a .CSV file and your dataset, reports, and dashboards in Power BI in-sync. Because both Power BI and OneDrive are in the cloud, Power BI connects to your file on OneDrive about every hour. If any changes are found, your dataset, reports, and dashboards are automatically updated in Power BI."

Cattura.JPG

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AGo 

If you are trying to connect to a single file that is indeed the way to go. (And should work perfectly fine, might have something to do with your rights)

However if you are trying to load all files from a folder that can only be achieved by using the (Sharepoint)folder connector.

And because it needs to transform the data thats not a thing that happens live.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @AGo,

You can use the sharepoint folder connector to connect to your one drive folder.

When you login to your onedrive online you can copy the directory and use this as the source.

After that you login to "Organisational account" the data will be available.

Kind regards
Joren Venema

Data & Analytics Consultant
If this reply solved your question be sure to mark this post as the solution to help others find the answer more easily. 

Thanks but I yet managed to do this, the problem is that the refresh has to be manual or scheduled at a specific time, and it refreshes all the csvs, not only the modified or new ones.

I think we have to use a OneDrive connection method, the Sharepoint folder one seems different from what said in the lastphrase of next paragraph:

"OneDrive - Business – If you have OneDrive for Business and you sign into it with the same account you sign into Power BI with, this is by-far the most effective way to keep your work in Excel Power BI Desktop, or a .CSV file and your dataset, reports, and dashboards in Power BI in-sync. Because both Power BI and OneDrive are in the cloud, Power BI connects to your file on OneDrive about every hour. If any changes are found, your dataset, reports, and dashboards are automatically updated in Power BI."

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AGo 

If you are trying to connect to a single file that is indeed the way to go. (And should work perfectly fine, might have something to do with your rights)

However if you are trying to load all files from a folder that can only be achieved by using the (Sharepoint)folder connector.

And because it needs to transform the data thats not a thing that happens live.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.