cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KalpaniHt Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Connection error when connecting to SSAS MD

Hi, 

I am having 3 multi-dimensional cubes in my SSAS database. I want connect to one of them using PowerBI but it's giving the error as:

"An error occurred while loading the model for the item or data source 'QueryUserError'. Verify that the connection information is correct and that you have permissions to access the data source."

I can connect to both other cubes without any issue but this one cube is giving error.

Also I can connect to this cube with the PBI installed on the same server where cubes resides. 

I have the PBI latest (Feb update) installed.

Please refer to the image below to understand the failure more clearly. Error comes upon the connection marked in red:

Only Red link fails

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Connection error when connecting to SSAS MD

Hi @KalpaniHt,

According to your description, did you mean use http access to different AS datasource based on IIS web portal?

If this is a case, current power bi not support dynamic table structure. I think cube A and cube B has same data structure, but they not same as cube C. So you can't connection to cube 3.

Reference link:

Configure HTTP Access to Analysis Services on IIS 8.0

In addition, if your service contains different instance and you are try to use different connection string to link, I think the issue is more related to cube c. You need to check its settings and config.

Analysis Services (SSAS) Error when Executing Query - User does not Have Access or Database does not... 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Connection error when connecting to SSAS MD

Hi @KalpaniHt,

According to your description, did you mean use http access to different AS datasource based on IIS web portal?

If this is a case, current power bi not support dynamic table structure. I think cube A and cube B has same data structure, but they not same as cube C. So you can't connection to cube 3.

Reference link:

Configure HTTP Access to Analysis Services on IIS 8.0

In addition, if your service contains different instance and you are try to use different connection string to link, I think the issue is more related to cube c. You need to check its settings and config.

Analysis Services (SSAS) Error when Executing Query - User does not Have Access or Database does not... 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 6 members 3,370 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: