cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KalpaniHt Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Connection error when connecting to SSAS MD

Hi, 

I am having 3 multi-dimensional cubes in my SSAS database. I want connect to one of them using PowerBI but it's giving the error as:

"An error occurred while loading the model for the item or data source 'QueryUserError'. Verify that the connection information is correct and that you have permissions to access the data source."

I can connect to both other cubes without any issue but this one cube is giving error.

Also I can connect to this cube with the PBI installed on the same server where cubes resides. 

I have the PBI latest (Feb update) installed.

Please refer to the image below to understand the failure more clearly. Error comes upon the connection marked in red:

Only Red link fails

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Connection error when connecting to SSAS MD

Hi @KalpaniHt,

According to your description, did you mean use http access to different AS datasource based on IIS web portal?

If this is a case, current power bi not support dynamic table structure. I think cube A and cube B has same data structure, but they not same as cube C. So you can't connection to cube 3.

Reference link:

Configure HTTP Access to Analysis Services on IIS 8.0

In addition, if your service contains different instance and you are try to use different connection string to link, I think the issue is more related to cube c. You need to check its settings and config.

Analysis Services (SSAS) Error when Executing Query - User does not Have Access or Database does not... 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Connection error when connecting to SSAS MD

Hi @KalpaniHt,

According to your description, did you mean use http access to different AS datasource based on IIS web portal?

If this is a case, current power bi not support dynamic table structure. I think cube A and cube B has same data structure, but they not same as cube C. So you can't connection to cube 3.

Reference link:

Configure HTTP Access to Analysis Services on IIS 8.0

In addition, if your service contains different instance and you are try to use different connection string to link, I think the issue is more related to cube c. You need to check its settings and config.

Analysis Services (SSAS) Error when Executing Query - User does not Have Access or Database does not... 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |