Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KalpaniHt
Regular Visitor

Connection error when connecting to SSAS MD

Hi, 

I am having 3 multi-dimensional cubes in my SSAS database. I want connect to one of them using PowerBI but it's giving the error as:

"An error occurred while loading the model for the item or data source 'QueryUserError'. Verify that the connection information is correct and that you have permissions to access the data source."

I can connect to both other cubes without any issue but this one cube is giving error.

Also I can connect to this cube with the PBI installed on the same server where cubes resides. 

I have the PBI latest (Feb update) installed.

Please refer to the image below to understand the failure more clearly. Error comes upon the connection marked in red:

Only Red link fails

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KalpaniHt,

According to your description, did you mean use http access to different AS datasource based on IIS web portal?

If this is a case, current power bi not support dynamic table structure. I think cube A and cube B has same data structure, but they not same as cube C. So you can't connection to cube 3.

Reference link:

Configure HTTP Access to Analysis Services on IIS 8.0

In addition, if your service contains different instance and you are try to use different connection string to link, I think the issue is more related to cube c. You need to check its settings and config.

Analysis Services (SSAS) Error when Executing Query - User does not Have Access or Database does not... 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KalpaniHt,

According to your description, did you mean use http access to different AS datasource based on IIS web portal?

If this is a case, current power bi not support dynamic table structure. I think cube A and cube B has same data structure, but they not same as cube C. So you can't connection to cube 3.

Reference link:

Configure HTTP Access to Analysis Services on IIS 8.0

In addition, if your service contains different instance and you are try to use different connection string to link, I think the issue is more related to cube c. You need to check its settings and config.

Analysis Services (SSAS) Error when Executing Query - User does not Have Access or Database does not... 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.