cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
runemalo Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Connecting to on-demand data

Hi,

I am trying to analyze data from C.A. Clarity PPM On-demand (cloud solution) in MS PowerBI. Is there any good solutions to create a connection between these? From my understanding, it would have been simple if the data was on-premise, using MS SQL server, however, I have not seen a solution to how to pull on-demand data in to PowerBI? Do I need to create a webservice? How is this done?

Thank you for your help,

Rune

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Connecting to on-demand data

Hi @runemalo,

I can't find any connector of CA both desktop and service side. Perhaps you can try to use Odata, ODBC, of Web mode to connect to CA api.(if it support these connect functions)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
11 REPLIES 11
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @runemalo,

I'm not very clear the "C.A which you mentioned, can you share some detail content of your requirement?

Regards,

Xiaoxin sheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-shex-msft ,

Thank you for your response. C.A. refers to CA Technologies, https://www.ca.com/us.html , and their on-demand cloud solution for Project Portfolio Management (PPM).

Best regards,

Rune

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @runemalo,

I can't find any connector of CA both desktop and service side. Perhaps you can try to use Odata, ODBC, of Web mode to connect to CA api.(if it support these connect functions)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-shex-msft ,

Thank you for your responses. I actually heard back from CA that they will include a connector to Power BI in their next release in end of March, so that will probably be a good solution.

Thank you!

ScottBrier Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi there runemalo - any updates on the status of this connector? I'd be interested in knowing more, as we're in a similar situation. 

Cheers and thanks!

VEEROCHET Visitor
Visitor

Interested about any progress on this too... Anyone?

Frequent Visitor

Hi,

We decided to put this on hold, as apparently there is a direct connection in its way (it might actually already have been implemented in the last version from CA).

I would love to hear if anyone has any news on this topic!

sylwestercz Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi All,

I am interested in CA PPM Power BI Connector as well. Please let me know if is already available. 

Thank you.

Sylwester

svconclusivefla Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I have this up and running with an Odata connection into CA PPM.  It links to a data wharehouse vs the real time system.  So far this has made our Clarity reporting so much easier.