Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Petter_Bakke
Regular Visitor

Connecting to multiple url's (simular to "folder" for a file server)

I hope someone will be able to help me with to collect data from multiple web-adresses into one analyze. The url-adresses is simular except the last part, see example below.

I have a separate query giving me the last digits, eg. 6802729, 6802719 etc. By adding this to the frist string "https://www.handball.no/system/kamper/kamprapport/?matchid=" I get a set of urls containing the data I want. The content of each address is the same form.

There are too many urls for it to be practical to connect to every single datasource separatly.  Therefore, what I hope to achieve is to collect data from the different urls into one analyse, similar to what PowerBi offers for the source “folder”.

Is this possible?

-petter bakke

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Petter_Bakke,

Nope. power bi not support this, you need to manually achieve this.

For you scenario, you can create a table with all item number which you wanted, then add a custom column with web connector function to get data from each row items and use expand feature expand all records.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Petter_Bakke,

Nope. power bi not support this, you need to manually achieve this.

For you scenario, you can create a table with all item number which you wanted, then add a custom column with web connector function to get data from each row items and use expand feature expand all records.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply!

As you suggest, I have created a table of all the item numbers I want, and used these to create a table of url's. I would, however, appreciate your advice in how to add "the custom column with web connector function to get data from each row items and use expand feature expand all records". 

Your advice is appreciated!

-petter bakke

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.