Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connecting to a D365 entity in PowerBI

Hello -

I am trying to create a report using my O-Data D365 online source. The two tables I need are: InventoryAdjustmentJournalHeaders and InventoryAdjustmentJournalLines. PowerBI allows me to import the headers but the lines entity is not given as an option when going through the navigator to load data. I am not sure as to why this is the case. I am able to load the InventoryMovementJournalHeaders and InventoryMovementJournalLines and everything. 

I checked in Visual Studio and this entity is not public. Is this the only reason as to why it's not showing in the Navigator?

I'm on a time crunch so any information is helpful! 

Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If I understand correctly, table InventoryAdjustmentJournalLines is missing in Navigator list when connect to D365 Online,right?

D365.JPG

Whether you can find both of these two tables when sign in Dynamics 365 (online) instance? And the account credential which type in connecting to Dynamics 365 (online) in Power BI Desktop is same with the one which sign in Dynamics 365 (online) instance? Could you please explain the steps which you done?

In addition, please check if the below documentation can help you.

Connect to Dynamics 365 (online)

How to Connect to Dynamics 365 Data from PowerBI Desktop

Manage data source credentials in Power BI Desktop

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yiruan-msft ,

Correct, I am connecting the D365 online. The credentials I use in PowerBI Desktop are the same that I use to log into the system. This is a live PROD environment. I have system admin access with these credentials.

When clicking into my data source, the Navigator appears. I navigate to the InventoryAdjustmentJournalHeaders and look for InventoryAdjustmentJournalLines and it is not present. Only the headers. I have no trouble loading other data tables.

As I mentioned in my original post, InventoryAdjustmentJournalLines is not a public entity in AOS but InventoryAdjustmentJournalHeaders is. Could that be the reason it is not appearing in my navigator?

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.