Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Caitlin_Knox
Advocate III
Advocate III

Connecting to SharePoint Online List

I am following the recommended path pattern as discussed in other threads, and am able to pull up all lists available on the Team Site. However, when I select the list I wish to use, I receive the follwoing error. It began by referencing the 'program' field. I isolated the 2 items that were blank and fixed them, but now its just moved on to the next field. These are not required fields which is why some are blank. Is there an option to ignore blanks? What are my options here? Thanks

DataSource.Error: We couldn't parse OData response result.  Error: A null value was found for the property named 'AssignedTo0Id', which has the expected type 'Collection(Edm.Int32)[Nullable=False]'. The expected type 'Collection(Edm.Int32)[Nullable=False]' does not allow null values.
Details:
    DataSourceKind=SharePoint
    DataSourcePath=https://concierge1.sharepoint.com/sites/c3/resources/_api/Web/Lists(guid'512abc80-347f-49cd-a865-479...

3 REPLIES 3
kelbow
Employee
Employee

I'm encountering this as well. Is there a setting to change? I don't see an answer to this..

In my troubleshooting with Microsoft they suggested I connect using the OData feed of the SP List, which has worked fine. I use the following 'structure' and choose the OData connecter from within PBI Desktop or Excel

https://[RootSite]/sites/[Site]/[Subsite]/_vti_bin/ListData.svc/[ListName]

So, in short, this was never resolved but a suitable workaround was achieved. Hope this helps

Thanks. I'll try this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.