Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FILIPKACZMAR
Advocate I
Advocate I

Connecting tables problems

Hello,

I have got problem with making connecions in Power BI, maybe someone could help me get though this:

I have got 4 data tables which can only be connected via date columns (calendar). But when I am making connections, only 2 of tables works, rest of them get error and dont work at all.

If someone knows the answer please contact me. Thank you all for help.Connections.pngDashboard after connecting.pngDashboard before connecting.pngDate column.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
davehus
Super User
Super User

Hi @FILIPKACZMAR , You have bi directional relationships from what I can see in your model and more than likely is causing conflicts. Can you create a date table and join them into the four tables and work it from there?

Did I help you today? Please accept my solution and hit the Kudos button.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
davehus
Super User
Super User

Hi @FILIPKACZMAR , You have bi directional relationships from what I can see in your model and more than likely is causing conflicts. Can you create a date table and join them into the four tables and work it from there?

Did I help you today? Please accept my solution and hit the Kudos button.

Hello, I have changed connections. I made a calendar date table and connected to it the rest of the tables 🙂 

Thank you for your time and help 🙂

Thanks @FILIPKACZMAR , Can you please accept my solution if it has worked for you . 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

BizApps LATAM 2023

Business Application LATAM Summit 2023

Join the biggest FREE Business Applications Event in LATAM this February.

Power Platform Bootcamp

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

In this bootcamp we will deep-dive into Microsoft’s Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, delivered to you by experts and community leaders.