Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connecting power bi to dynamo db

Can we connect power bi to dnyamo db ? Does this involve installing third party drivers or softwares ?

8 REPLIES 8
KAVA

Why don't you try this approach.

Add lambda function (Python) to fetch data from DynamoDB and load it to Dataware house then -> PowerBI reporting.

DynamoDB can trigger lambda function for new Records.

viji123
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Anonymous ,@ahendo026

My requirment is the same as yours.
Were able to find a way to connect to dynamo db without paid third part drivers?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any way of connecting to dynamoDB without having to pay a $1000 year subscription for a OBDC driver?

BI_keen
Frequent Visitor

Is there any other option besides Simba any open source or freeware?

ahendo026
Regular Visitor

Good Morning! I am also trying to access a DynamoDB in AWS from Power BI. Has anyone actually done this successfully? (Please, no links to various untried product pages, only real-world experience;-) All the articles, including the Microsoft documentation page point to Simba which has been acquired by Magnitude. Pricing information for the Simba/Magnitude solution is hidden very well. We are prototyping solutions so we are not interested in leveraging a driver which may be cost-prohibitive. Any suggestion on a "quick", "easy", "free" solution (I know, I know, pick two...;-) would be appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes this is what I found in the power bi documentation, question is is the simba driver Licensed one ? Its not free ? Thats what I see in their website

https://www.simba.com/drivers/dynamodb-odbc-jdbc/ 

How can I connect from power BI to DynamoDb, without paying for a connector from a provider? the provider that has the simba connector is very expensive

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.