Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connecting existing Power BI to Sharepoint - different errors to access Sharepoint

Hi everyone, 

I am trying to connect a PowerBI existing file to an Excel file saved on my organization's sharepoint. 

I know the procedure (create a new file, copy link etc.) but I am struggling with accessing the Excel file saved on Sharepoint through Power BI. 

I am not the admin of the folder and I do only have access to tat specific folder, not to the contect of the previous stream pages. 

the link to the FILE I'm trying to reach is as follows:

https://xxx.sharepoint.com/:x:/r/sites/fileshare/departments/Desks/Spanish/Spanish%20Desk%20Call%20L...

Whilst, the link to the Sharepoint folder is:

https://xxx.sharepoint.com/:f:/r/sites/fileshare/departments/Desks/Spanish?csf=1&e=dixhJt

Now, if I copy this link down to Spanish or down to desks, I get the following message:

Capture.PNG

If I try to cut the line after "departments" I get a navigation panel where the underlying folders are reported as files, so I can't access them: 

Capture2.PNG

So the question, how to I reach that file specifically? 

Thank you all!

Matteo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

pls click the select box before the file you wanna reach where I have marked in a red line below.Then choose "Carica" or "Trasforma dati"to load or transform data.

112.png

Hope this would help.

Best Regards,

Kelly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

pls click the select box before the file you wanna reach where I have marked in a red line below.Then choose "Carica" or "Trasforma dati"to load or transform data.

112.png

Hope this would help.

Best Regards,

Kelly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.