Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DaveW
Advocate II
Advocate II

Connecting Power BI to Power Platform admin centre - Resources - Capacity

Hey everyone out there,

Has any one had experience connecting to the Power Platform admin centre in Power BI to get the Resources - Capacity of a Dynamics 365 Environment.
I want to create an Operational dashboard of multiple client storage capacity usage data

I tried to connect via the CDS legacy and Dataverse connector. The CDS Legacy connector worked connected but the Dataverse connector didn't ( I need to test that further)

I also would love to use the Dataverse analytices data eg. API Calls, Active Users, API Pass Rate

Capacity.JPGdataanalytics.JPG

cheers,

Dave

3 REPLIES 3
richrich123
Helper III
Helper III

Also looking to do the same and report on environment data capacity across a number of tennants. Still doesnt seem to be posible to get data into PBI from admin?

DaveW
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thanks Rico,

I have experience with connecting Power BI to Dataverse but I'm told that the metrics that I'm after such as Resource capacity are not available through the Dataverse.

I will have a look at the API links you sent me

A recent suggestion is to use Power Automate to pull the data together with the  List Environments as Admin action

thanks,

Dave

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DaveW 

Please check whether you meet all Prerequisites to use Dataverse.

To use Power BI with Dataverse, you need the following items:

• Download and install Power BI Desktop, which is a free application that runs on your local computer. You can download Power BI desktop here.
  • Dataverse environment with maker permissions to access the portal and read permissions to access data within tables.
  • You must have the appropriate Power BI license to build and share Power BI reports.
  • To use the Dataverse connector, the Enable TDS endpoint setting must be enabled in your environment. More information: Manage feature settings

Create a Power BI report using data from Dataverse

Call Rest API you may refer to these blogs:

Get started with Online Management API

Using a REST API as a data source

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.