Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connecting Power BI Desktop to JIRA

HI All,

Is there a way to connect Power BI Desktop to JIRA? Appreciate if you can share any article/Video or step by step process to connect Power BI Desktop to JIRA.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I am trying to connect Power BI Service to JIRA (Doing it for the first time). When I click on JIRA app and entered the details and the link to JIRA and entered my credential and then clicked Sign in, but the screen is stuck in the following place, sign in option became invisible and not doing anything. Not sure what is the issue here..

BI Service to JIRA.JPG

Can anyone please advise.

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous ,

It seesm that you have problems when you get data form JIRA content pack in power bi service.

By my tests, I cannot reproduce your issue.

Please check if you could get the data successfully in power bi desktop with the JIRA PBIT firstly.

If you still have problems, please share the screenshot of your issue.Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

In addition, you could clear the cache and cookie of your browser then try again.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-piga-msft ,

Can you please sahre how to get the JIRA data in Power BI Desktop, because actually that is what I was looking for. I tried clearing cookies in the browser but still having the same issue with Bi service. I tried clicking the JIRA PBIT link that you provided but chrome is blocking it with security warning.

Not sure how to proceed at this moment.

Appreciate if you can provide some direction/step by step process on how to link JIRA to Power BI Desktop.

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous ,

Normally, we could get data from JIRA with the pbit for JIRA in power bi desktop.

In addition, if you have the JIRA API, you could try to get data with web connector in power bi desktop.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @v-piga-msft thanks for the reply. Sorry I am new to this. Is there a tutorial or process document where I can get more details on how to use JIRA API and web connector.

Thanks again

synergised
Resolver II
Resolver II

From the Power BI service you can load the Jira app

"Get Data" and then and select from "Services"

jira.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no such Jira app

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @synergised ,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was looking for a way to connect Power BI Desktop (not BI Serive) to JIRA. Not sure if this possible?

Thanks

I haven't seen anything for the desktop version.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.