Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connecting Microsoft Forms Pro to Power BI

Hi! 

Has anyone connected the Forms Pro preview to Power BI? I've read the documentation, but it offered no concrete steps for making the connection. The Forms pro uses CDS and I'm assuming that is part of the solution. I just don't know, how to make the connection.

I have limited rights in our organization. Is this something for which I'll need help from the admins, or can I make the connection on my own? 

I've read of an alternative solution in which a flow is created to store all answers to a sharepoint list, which then is uploaded to Power BI. But I'd like to find a simpler solution, if possible. 

Here in the Forms Pro overview it is stated that a connection to Power BI should be available:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/business-applications-release-notes/april19/forms-pro/deep-integrat...

Under features: 

"Business and survey data together: Since the business and survey data are stored in the same CDS, you can create Power BI dashboards and workflows to create follow-up actions to improve the business processes."

Kind regards, 

Heidi 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

By my research, I'm afraid that you'd better post your requirement in CDS forum to consult the details step about the connection. There is no direct connector for Microsoft Forms Pro in Power BI currently.

In addition, you may embed Forms into a web page, get a web url, and use the URL to get data via Web connector in Power BI.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
glegault

I found that connecting via the web as the data source, could be a solution.  Simply connect to https://forms.office.com/formapi/DownloadExcelfile.ashx?FormId=

with you FormId pasted in after the =.  It does attempt to connect, my issue is that I can't get any log in's to work.  Organizational account, would make the most sense. But that errors out saying that it's "not supported for this resourse". It maybe due to being in a Hybrid enviroment. It would be nice if Microsoft Account was an option.  I have seen this work before just not in my current enviroment. 

killnite618

Hi

I'm  a big fan of of step by steps. 

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/forms-and-flow-and-powerbi/

Hope this helps you in your journey. 

Regards,

ENK

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

By my research, I'm afraid that you'd better post your requirement in CDS forum to consult the details step about the connection. There is no direct connector for Microsoft Forms Pro in Power BI currently.

In addition, you may embed Forms into a web page, get a web url, and use the URL to get data via Web connector in Power BI.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

How do you do this? do you have any links to steps because I cant find anything online?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Cherry Gao, for taking the time to answer my question. I also read about the embedding solution, which could work as well, but I'd prefer a solution that is as simple as possible. I will post an inquiry to the CDS forum as you suggested! 

Kind regards, 

Heidi 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.