Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Taysel

Connecting Columns from Different Tables

I have two tables, one that includes all sales for the year (Sales Data) and another that contains Tier Assignments for each customer (Tier Assignments). In my Pivot Table, I have each SKU listed with the last purchase date and corresponding last price paid. I would like to add their Tier as well. The tables are connected with a KEY.

I managed to create a calculated column in the Sales Data table to bring over the Tier using the related function, but I'm having trouble transitioning this to the Pivot Table, besides in an aggregated format (count of Tier isn't very helpful...).  I'd like to eliminate this calculated column in the Sales Data table to reduce redundancy if possible.

The related function as a measure returns "This formula is valid or incomplete: 'The column xxxx either doesn't exist or doesn't have a relationship to any table available in the current context.'"

Help please!  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

"I managed to create a calculated column in the Sales Data table to bring over the Tier using the related function, but I'm having trouble transitioning this to the Pivot Table, besides in an aggregated format (count of Tier isn't very helpful...)."

If you the calculated column with no Summarize, this give you the tier not the count or sum.

Lima - Peru

How do I change it to no summarize?

Also, is there a way to do this without using a calculated column?

Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

DONOT.png

Lima - Peru

This option is greyed out for me.  It is not a numerical figure; it is text (i.e. "Tier 1").

Hi @Taysel,

Could you please help to share some sample data about your scenario and post expected result here? We also need to know that what visualization you are using and we’ll appreciate that if you can post screenshot.

Additionally, when Tier is defined as text type, by default, it should not be aggregated in table visual, you can check the example in the following screenshot.
Capture111.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.