Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

michaelsh
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Connect to several DataSets

Can I create a new Desktop File and connect to 2 existing Datasets in the Service?

If not, isn't it what composite models are for?

What do I miss?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@michaelsh there is a way to connect to multiple dataset in powerbi. You can use the feature "DirectQuery for power bi datasets and AS' feature in the power bi report". You will have to enable this feature under the option tab and then restart your powerbi desktop. This option allows you to import the data using directquery option to a dataset and combine multiple dataset.

Step 1 - Open power bi report
Step 2 - Enable 'DirectQuery for power bi datasets and AS' feature in the power bi report.
To enable, go to File -> Options and Settings -> Options -> Preview features -> Select checkbox for 'DirectQuery for power bi datasets and AS' -> Click Okay.

Step 3 - Add Datasets into power bi report

Add fist dataset and then second datasets in the report.

more details on the feature at this link

Using DirectQuery for datasets and Azure Analysis Services (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@michaelsh there is a way to connect to multiple dataset in powerbi. You can use the feature "DirectQuery for power bi datasets and AS' feature in the power bi report". You will have to enable this feature under the option tab and then restart your powerbi desktop. This option allows you to import the data using directquery option to a dataset and combine multiple dataset.

Step 1 - Open power bi report
Step 2 - Enable 'DirectQuery for power bi datasets and AS' feature in the power bi report.
To enable, go to File -> Options and Settings -> Options -> Preview features -> Select checkbox for 'DirectQuery for power bi datasets and AS' -> Click Okay.

Step 3 - Add Datasets into power bi report

Add fist dataset and then second datasets in the report.

more details on the feature at this link

Using DirectQuery for datasets and Azure Analysis Services (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Thank you. I fogot I need to enable the preview feature...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.