Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connect to excel files on sharepoint

Hi,

I im trying to conect to excel files on sharepoint and i got the following error:
Captura.PNG

The thing is that when i try with pdf extension or csv there is no problem. The problem is with excel files.
Can anyone help me?

Thannks

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Please provide all steps applied.

Please translate the pop up message you got.

Cheers!
A

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I simply import a Sharepoint List, then open the tables where i have the files, and i finally expand the content.
When i tried with xlsx files or docx files i have the following error:

"We have not recognized the format of the first file (lnk2140). Filter the list of files so that it only contains the supported types (text, csv, excel books, etc.) and try again"

But when i expand pdf files i dont have this error. Neither with csv files.
An xlsx file isnt a "Excel book" type?

Thanks

HI @Anonymous 

One of the reason could be that the data that you are importing to PBI is not in excel table. Select the rows and columns from the sheet that you want to import >> Insert Table in excel and try importing it should be able to read the data then.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-diye-msft 

The thing is that is not only one file. I have millions of files, this is a test i´m doing to migrate all the files to Sharepoint.

The file is an excel file, in fact de extention is xlsx as i said. Isnt that an excel extention?

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous 

Yes, it is. I won't know where's the point coz I can't replicate your issue. I'd like to suggest you raising your question to support team for better advice. 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.