Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

30rakesh
Regular Visitor

Connect to azure sql server with AAD

Hi,

I am trying to connect to Azure SQL Server database using AAD. It gives me the below error. Could you please help me in this.

"An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'System.IO.FileLoadException'"

Thanks

Rakeh

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @30rakesh,

We are not able to connect to Azure SQL Server using Azure Active Directory Authentication in Power BI Desktop, an idea about this issue has been submitted in the following link, please vote it up.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/10172688-sql-azure-connector-with...

Currently, we still need to use SQL authentication to connect to Azure SQL Server.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

Is this still the case? I am trying to connect to an Azure SQL Database with Active Directory MFA enabled and not having any luck. Can connect fine with SSMS but can't with Power BI. 

Many thanks. 

Matt

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.