Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connect to and refresh Cosmos DB?

I'm really struggling with using Cosmos DB as a source for some of my reports - specifically with keeping it updated.

If I use the Cosmos DB beta connector, when I publish my reports to the Power BI Report Server I am told that the data source is not available for scheduled refresh. So I end up having to manually refresh the file in Power BI Desktop and republish any time I want to update the data. 

If I instead switch and use the ODBC connector then my data are always refreshed, but a bug in the ODBC connector means that this is not a viable option for data structured in a certain way. 

Does anyone else have something that has worked for them? 

Thanks,

Liane

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

As searched, i don't find any reported issue similar to this.

To make MS know this issue and working on a fix, you could sumbit an issue in https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/ct-p/PBI_Comm_Issues, then MS engineer would work on this and report this issue internally.

Best Regards
Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-juanli-msft , I'm not sure how the various parts of Microsoft interact but the link I supplied was to an issue reported to the Cosmos DB team. They are working on it and have provided an estimated fix timeline of 2019 Q3. In the meantime I'm just looking for a workaround. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.