Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connect to a synonym table in an Oracle database?

I am sure the answer is that this is not possible but here goes. The data I want to use is set up as a synonym table instead of a normal table by our Oracel DBAs so it is not listed in the Navigator screen when I connect to the Oracle database in PBI Desktop.

In Crystal Reports, I had the same problem but you can go into the Database tab in Options and check Synonyms to have the Synonym tables be listed in the Database Expert screen for use in a report.

Is there perhaps an obscure setting in PBI that would do the same thing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi MJMcbride, 

It seems that this is not supported  currently, you could vote on Connect to Oracle Views and Synonyms. Or you could try to use ODBC connection to see whether it works or not.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi MJMcbride, 

It seems that this is not supported  currently, you could vote on Connect to Oracle Views and Synonyms. Or you could try to use ODBC connection to see whether it works or not.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I followed your suggestion to try ODBC. Unfortunately it has the same problem, it only shows the tables, not the views or synonyms.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for confirming what I suspected Zoe Zhi. Also, thanks for the link to that vote, I just added mine to the total.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.