Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Merchy2401
Frequent Visitor

Connect to SharePoint 2007 List

Hi all,

I have a number of connections (using Web Connection) to a number of Sharepoint 2007 lists in my organisation.

this has been working perfectly for approx 6months.

I have installed the march update this morning & now these connections donot work & I cannot refresh my dataset.

I get an error stating that the URL is not valid

has anyone else seen an issue since updating to March?

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Merchy2401,

According to your description above, I just verified that I don't have this issue when connect sharepoint list with the latest version of Power BI Desktop(Version: 2.56.5023.942 64-bit (March 2018)).

Have you tried rolling back to the previous version of Power BI Desktop to see if it works or not?

In addition, if the issue persists, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance. Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi, thanks for the response..

yes I have now rolled back to Jan 2018 and the connections all work fine again with no amendment.

When using the March 2018 version, I couldnt even create a new report with a new connection to SP2007..

Im using the web connection, then using the sharepoint URL.

I usually finds the sharepoint list contents as a table & I can import into BI from there... all good, but not in theMarch version I have..

I will report it as you suggest & try again in April 🐵

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.