Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Merchy2401
Frequent Visitor

Connect to SharePoint 2007 List

Hi all,

I have a number of connections (using Web Connection) to a number of Sharepoint 2007 lists in my organisation.

this has been working perfectly for approx 6months.

I have installed the march update this morning & now these connections donot work & I cannot refresh my dataset.

I get an error stating that the URL is not valid

has anyone else seen an issue since updating to March?

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Merchy2401,

According to your description above, I just verified that I don't have this issue when connect sharepoint list with the latest version of Power BI Desktop(Version: 2.56.5023.942 64-bit (March 2018)).

Have you tried rolling back to the previous version of Power BI Desktop to see if it works or not?

In addition, if the issue persists, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance. Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi, thanks for the response..

yes I have now rolled back to Jan 2018 and the connections all work fine again with no amendment.

When using the March 2018 version, I couldnt even create a new report with a new connection to SP2007..

Im using the web connection, then using the sharepoint URL.

I usually finds the sharepoint list contents as a table & I can import into BI from there... all good, but not in theMarch version I have..

I will report it as you suggest & try again in April 🐵

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.