Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vwiles84
Helper III
Helper III

Connect to SAAS REST API

Hello. I am relatively new to Power BI.  I have a SAAS that has a REST API that I can leverage to pull data. Could someone please share with me how I get started with this? I have connected to the URL with the API token for the data source but not sure where to go next with the Power Query to call the data.  I have been provided with the API GET parameters to uses but unclear where to code them for the calls to work. 

2 REPLIES 2
EricHulshof
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can use the link someone provided for you in a Odata feed connection. 

Sometimes those API urls give alot of data and loadtime will be long. you can use Filters and Select statements within the url to counter this.

if select statements dont work (because of a lower version) you can use the following M code:

let Source = OData.Feed("https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0"),
    Groups = Source{[Name = "groups"]}[Data],
    Selected = Table.SelectColumns(Groups, "id")
in
    Selected

Goodluck 🙂

Quality over Quantity

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

The oData feed won't allow my connection. I got it to connect via a web connection.  I am just unsure how to write the Get statements in the query. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.