Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sacali
Employee
Employee

Connect to OData with PAT

I'm trying to change my OData connection to authenticate via PAT token instead of organizational account. I've followed the steps as described here (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/report/powerbi/client-authentication-options?view=azur...) but I'm getting an invalid credentials message when I try to connect, with no further details provided. Any idea if there's a step I might be missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sacali
Employee
Employee

Figured it out- my PAT token was configured incorrectly and did not have Read permissions to Analytics. Making a new token with correct permissions resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sacali
Employee
Employee

Figured it out- my PAT token was configured incorrectly and did not have Read permissions to Analytics. Making a new token with correct permissions resolved the issue.

Seanan
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @sacali 

2 things to note here:

1. Try changing the "Select which level to apply these setting to" to the last option if you haven't already.

2. An article I've found here mentioned this "On this screen, enter your login email address as the 'User name', and your PAT as the 'Password'." The article link is here this may be able to help you.

Unfortunately I've tried both those things without any success. Thanks though!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.