Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

markcabantog
Helper I
Helper I

Connect PowerBI to Azure SQL using different Azure AD authentication

I can connect to Azure SQL using  AD authentication (sqluser_ad) in SQL Server Management Studion, but for Power Bi I login using my AD Account (Mark Cabantog) to publish with my resources, when connecting to Azure SQL I cannot use different AD account only "sign in" is there

markcabantog_0-1657799586798.png

My AD account (mark Cabantog) does not have access to the Azure SQL only specific AD user (sqluser_ad) , what is the solution for this?

3 REPLIES 3
markcabantog
Helper I
Helper I

when selecting "Database" option i got this error

markcabantog_1-1657803690921.png

in Management studio i'm selecting "Active Directory-Password" as Authentication Method and it's connecting fine. The public IP is already in whitelisted.

PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @markcabantog ,

Try going to the Database option and login with the same credentials.

If you are able to login in management studio then you should be able to do it using power bi as well.

One more thing you can check that the IP address from the machine you are trying to access is whitelisted to go through

when selecting "Database" option i got this error

markcabantog_1-1657803690921.png

in Management studio i'm selecting "Active Directory-Password" as Authentication Method and it's connecting fine. The public IP is already in whitelisted.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.