Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lite
Regular Visitor

Connect Power BI to Greenplum error “unrecognized configuration parameter ssl_renegotiation_limit”

I've encountered "unrecognized configuration parameter ssl_renegotiation_limit" when im trying to connect Power BI to Greenplum DB (PostgreSQL 8.2.15 and this GP DB using SSL) and I've already add my GP DB SSL certificate to my machine.

in the online documentation suggest to set ssl_renegotiation_limit parameter in postgresql.conf to '0' to avoid this kind of error, but the problem is I can't find any ssl_renegotiation_limit parameter in my postgresql.conf file.

is there any other way to connect Power BI to Greenplum DB to avoid above error?

4 REPLIES 4
tanheluk

You need to go to the Data Source Setttings... Edit Perimissions... and uncheck Encrypt connections. This issue may not be persistent in later versions of Power BI desktop.

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Lite 

Could you please tell me whether your problem has been solved?
If it is,  please mark the helpful replies or your reply as Answered to close this thread?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Lite 

Have you considered that the current version of greenplum and powerbi are incompatible?

83.png

Take a try to update and move to the lastest version  of Greenplum.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.