Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

isabtogumon

Connect Dynamics NAV and Power BI

Good day,

I have a problem to make the connection to Dynamics NAV from Power BI, this happens from the desktop application and from the online version. I hope someone can guide me to make this connection.

Note: Make the connection with the Windows credentials with and without the name of the computer, in addition a Dynamics NAV user was used, both accounts have administrator permissions.

Thanks in advance.

PBI.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@isabtogumon ,

What does the error message say? You may refer to troubleshooting steps below:

"Parameter validation failed, please make sure all parameters are valid"
If you see this error after typing your Microsoft Dynamics NAV URL. Make sure the following requirements are satisfied:

"Login failed"
If you get a "login failed" error after using your Microsoft Dynamics NAV credentials to login, then you may be hitting one of the following issues:

• The account you are using doesn't have permissions to retrieve the Microsoft Dynamics NAV data from your account. Verify it is an admin account and try again.
  • The Dynamics NAV instance you're trying to connect to doesn't have a valid SSL certificate. In this case you'll see a more detailed error message ("unable to establish trusted SSL relationship"). Note that self-signed certs are not supported.

"Oops"
If you see an "Oops" error dialog after you pass the authentication dialog box, Power BI is running into an issue while loading the data.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BIisPower
Regular Visitor

I encountered exactly the same issue here. The message reads, 'We couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided. Please try again'. If any one here successfully solved the issue, can you please share how? I have tried with the variations of credentials combinations I can think of, but to no avail. I believe the username is e-mail address and password needs to be web service key. Any help here will be greatly appreciated.
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@isabtogumon ,

What does the error message say? You may refer to troubleshooting steps below:

"Parameter validation failed, please make sure all parameters are valid"
If you see this error after typing your Microsoft Dynamics NAV URL. Make sure the following requirements are satisfied:

"Login failed"
If you get a "login failed" error after using your Microsoft Dynamics NAV credentials to login, then you may be hitting one of the following issues:

• The account you are using doesn't have permissions to retrieve the Microsoft Dynamics NAV data from your account. Verify it is an admin account and try again.
  • The Dynamics NAV instance you're trying to connect to doesn't have a valid SSL certificate. In this case you'll see a more detailed error message ("unable to establish trusted SSL relationship"). Note that self-signed certs are not supported.

"Oops"
If you see an "Oops" error dialog after you pass the authentication dialog box, Power BI is running into an issue while loading the data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.