Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alexgiraud

Connect Azure SQL with Azure Active Directory Password

Hi Everyone,

I already check some message, and don't found any related about my question. Sorry if I'm miss one.

In fact, I just want to be able access data from Azure SQL by using Azure AD accounts.

From SMSS, I can connect successfuly to SQL database with AAD Password.

SNAG-0134.jpg

But with Power Bi when trying to connect to same connection string using my Azure AD account, I've an error message : "We couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided" 

SNAG-0136.jpg

I can confirm, if using SQL authentication by using "Database" and not "Windows" option, I can connect OK. It's only when using Azure AD account.

So I'm wondering where I'm wrong somewhere, or if the scenario here is not yet available.

Thank you for your help,

Regards

Alex

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @alexgiraud,

Until now, Power BI don't support Azure AD Authentication, please review this feature request and vote it. Thanks for understanding, Power BI will become better after your support.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.