Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Confused about how my calculated measure value changes after adding a new parameter into the table

I have created a calculated measure to show the Win Rate values. 

Background info: I have a column called "Progress Status" which has 4 unique values ( Won, Pending, Lost & Not Relevant).

The win rate is calulated by taking the number of "won" divided by total number of "won,lost & pending).

The problem that I am encountering is that when i display the win rate by itself, I am getting a correct value of 59%. But when I split the win rate according the product lines, the values don't make sense anymore. Can someone explain what's happening when I add the product line into the "Values"? Or is there an article I can read to learn more about what's happening? 

Any ideas to rectify this are welcomed. Thank you for your time and help. 

agatheeben_0-1620981833148.png

agatheeben_1-1620981848413.pngagatheeben_2-1620981862578.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could use ALL() function.

For example:

Measure = DIVIDE(COUNTROWS(FILTER('Table','Table'[Status] = "Won")),COUNTROWS(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Status]<>"Not Relevant")))

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could use ALL() function.

For example:

Measure = DIVIDE(COUNTROWS(FILTER('Table','Table'[Status] = "Won")),COUNTROWS(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Status]<>"Not Relevant")))

Best Regards,

Jay

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a thing to Note: The "Material No." and the "Product External ID" refer to the same thing and can be linked.

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please show some sample data to ensure that our formula can be applied to your data model.

Best Regards,

Jay

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , win with product line seem fine to me.  What is the problem do you see?

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak , thanks for your reply. As seen from the table without the product line, the total Win Rate is 59.5%. But when I add in the product lines, the total Win rate is still 59.5% but the win rate values of product lines are not a subset the total win rate of 59.5%.

What I am expecting to see is that all the respective product line's win rate values should add up to 59.5%. Or am I misunderstanding something? Thanks. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.