Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Confused about how my calculated measure value changes after adding a new parameter into the table

I have created a calculated measure to show the Win Rate values. 

Background info: I have a column called "Progress Status" which has 4 unique values ( Won, Pending, Lost & Not Relevant).

The win rate is calulated by taking the number of "won" divided by total number of "won,lost & pending).

The problem that I am encountering is that when i display the win rate by itself, I am getting a correct value of 59%. But when I split the win rate according the product lines, the values don't make sense anymore. Can someone explain what's happening when I add the product line into the "Values"? Or is there an article I can read to learn more about what's happening? 

Any ideas to rectify this are welcomed. Thank you for your time and help. 

agatheeben_0-1620981833148.png

agatheeben_1-1620981848413.pngagatheeben_2-1620981862578.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could use ALL() function.

For example:

Measure = DIVIDE(COUNTROWS(FILTER('Table','Table'[Status] = "Won")),COUNTROWS(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Status]<>"Not Relevant")))

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could use ALL() function.

For example:

Measure = DIVIDE(COUNTROWS(FILTER('Table','Table'[Status] = "Won")),COUNTROWS(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Status]<>"Not Relevant")))

Best Regards,

Jay

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a thing to Note: The "Material No." and the "Product External ID" refer to the same thing and can be linked.

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please show some sample data to ensure that our formula can be applied to your data model.

Best Regards,

Jay

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , win with product line seem fine to me.  What is the problem do you see?

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak , thanks for your reply. As seen from the table without the product line, the total Win Rate is 59.5%. But when I add in the product lines, the total Win rate is still 59.5% but the win rate values of product lines are not a subset the total win rate of 59.5%.

What I am expecting to see is that all the respective product line's win rate values should add up to 59.5%. Or am I misunderstanding something? Thanks. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.