Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditonal Formatting with Rules and Theme

Hello to all!

Ill get straight to the point.
Have created multiple visuals while using a power Bi theme. Since I want to introduce conditional formatting I have the below issue:

- With JSON, I cannot set a custom conditional formatting based on rules. Which rules need to be different depending on the measures Im having in different visuals.

How I could use conditional formatting with rules with power Bi themes? (I cant throught the "traditional" path).
OR. How I can "revert" this current file to the standard theme? (basically no theme and obviously without rebuilding the whole data model!!). <- this way I could do the conditionally formatting .

Thank you in advance!
😀

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I doubt that you can do conditional formatting rule using the theme.

But if you have a common rule you can create color measure/s and use that in conditional formatting using the "Field value" option.

To revert the theme. You need to click on the default themes (One should be the default one)

if needed

example of color measure, you can return hex code

color =
switch ( true(),
FIRSTNONBLANK('Table'[commodity],"NA") ="commodity1" && sum('Table'[Value]) >500,"lightgreen",
FIRSTNONBLANK('Table'[commodity],"NA") ="commodity2" && sum('Table'[Value]) >1000,"lightgreen",
// Add more conditions
"red"
)

https://radacad.com/dax-and-conditional-formatting-better-together-find-the-biggest-and-smallest-numbers-in-the-column
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-conditional-table-formatting#color-by-color-values

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

Thank you very much for your answer!
I have reverted in the default theme but Im still facing the same issue (No fx button available in the data colors page).
Also I have tried in other power bi reports and regardless of the theme I choose, the functionality is present..

Any ideas? Is it a know bug or something?

Thank you,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.