Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditionnal Column with a common Key

Hello everyone,

I would like to create a condition that says if from a common key (Claim ID) you have an 2 invoices : the first one with an invoice date before 16/03 and another one after 16/03 then = Yes otherwise No. 

Could you please help me ? Thank you.

WhiteLight_FI_2-1604326677759.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous 

I think you want to add a column to show "Yes" if the same Claim ID have hybrid invoices(before 16/03 and after 16/03.) , and others show "No".

You could build a calculated column.

Caculated column = 
VAR _MIN = MINX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Claim ID]=EARLIER('Table'[Claim ID])),'Table'[Invoice Date])
VAR _MAX = MAXX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Claim ID]=EARLIER('Table'[Claim ID])),'Table'[Invoice Date])
Return
IF(_MIN<DATE(2016,03,16)&&_MAX>DATE(2016,03,16),"Yes","No")

Result is as below.

1.png

You can download the pbix file from this link: Conditionnal Column with a common Key

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

Create a new column

if(format([invoicedate],"MMDD") <= 0306,"Yes","No")

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your answer but actually there is 2 conditions regarding the date. 

Exemple :

Claim ID 1717 / Invoice Date : 17/02

Claim ID 1717 / Invoice Date : 27/07

There is 2 invoices with the same claims ID but at different Claim Date.

And my condition is the following if there is a same a claim ID for x invoices, one BEFORE the 16/03 and one AFTER the 16/03. 

Then, Yes otherwise No. 

I would like to be able to estimate how many invoices with the same Claim ID have hybrid invoices i.e. before 16/03 and after 16/03.

I hope I am clear, thank you very much for your help.

Hi @Anonymous 

I think you want to add a column to show "Yes" if the same Claim ID have hybrid invoices(before 16/03 and after 16/03.) , and others show "No".

You could build a calculated column.

Caculated column = 
VAR _MIN = MINX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Claim ID]=EARLIER('Table'[Claim ID])),'Table'[Invoice Date])
VAR _MAX = MAXX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Claim ID]=EARLIER('Table'[Claim ID])),'Table'[Invoice Date])
Return
IF(_MIN<DATE(2016,03,16)&&_MAX>DATE(2016,03,16),"Yes","No")

Result is as below.

1.png

You can download the pbix file from this link: Conditionnal Column with a common Key

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.