Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JackWren
Helper I
Helper I

Conditionally format multiple data type in same column

Hi everyone,

I have a dataset with two columns. The first column contains number values and the other one, the unit. 

I am trying to create a third column that displays the value with the unit but these are two different data types. 

I was wondering if it was possible in PowerBi to create a column that has two different data types but conditionnally ?

if Unit = %, then show realisation in percentage, otherwise show realisation as a whole number. 

Realisation Unit New Column
50%50% (percentage)  
100 100 (whole number)
75%75%
105%105%
160%160%
20 20

Thank you 

Have a nice day

Jack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @JackWren 

As of now,  you can only create a column that has only one data type , whether it is a calculated column or a measure.

In your case, It is suggested that you convert the column type to text to display it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @JackWren 

As of now,  you can only create a column that has only one data type , whether it is a calculated column or a measure.

In your case, It is suggested that you convert the column type to text to display it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Alright, I need to perform calculation on these numbers so I can't. 

Thank you

Jack

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.