Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dats
Resolver I
Resolver I

Conditionally Replace Values

Hi all,

I have two columns consisting of article numbers and a column that indicates if the article is sold online or not. Articles sold online do not have an article number. So I want to replace the value in Article Number based on if it was a sale online or not.

Ths is what I am using currently which doesn't seam to work as the article number for online sales is still empty/null

Table.ReplaceValue(#"Uppercased Text",each [ArticleNumber],each if Text.Contains([Source.Name],"Online")=true then [LeadingArticleNumber] else [ArticleNumber],Replacer.ReplaceText,{"ArticleNumber"})

If I add a custom column it works exactly as I would expect it. 

= Table.AddColumn(#"Filtered Rows2", "Custom", each if Text.Contains([Source.Name],"Online")=true then [LeadingArticleNumber] else [ArticleNumber])

the custom coulmn now has the same value for ArtcicleNumber as the LeadingArticleNumber when it is an online sale. 

No I am wondering wh does the conditional replacement doesn't seam towork?

3 REPLIES 3
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Please try this line if that doesn't work.  Make sure the LeadingArticleNumber column is Text (or use Replacer.ReplaceValue).

= Table.ReplaceValue(#"Uppercased Text","Online", each [LeadingArticleNumber], Replacer.ReplaceText,{"ArticleNumber"})

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @dats ,

Difficult to say without being able to see the data that you are applying this to, but the first thing I would try is to change

'Replacer.ReplaceText,{"ArticleNumber"})' at the end of your replace step to

'Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"ArticleNumber"})'.

Also, FYI, you don't need "=true" after the Text.Contains() function, it evaluates to boolean.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

hi @BA_Pete 

Thanks for the hint regarding "true" ou are right that was probably there from some test I made. 

I should have added that the ArticleNumber columne is a text columne. Was this what your tip is based on? But I will try regardless.

-dats

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.