Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

thusharam

Conditionally Pick Column for Legend in Pie Chart

I have requirement to show single pie chart by depending on parameter. As an example we need to show number employees by County or City in single pie chart and selecting by "City" or "Country" should be user defined parameter (example: slicer). 

Is there way to implement this in Power BI Desktop?

Thanks in advance..

--TM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nhallquist
Helper V
Helper V

Have you tried adding both City and County to the Legend and utilizing the Drill down feature, rather than a slicer?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
shaileng
Frequent Visitor

Exactly looking for solution on this issue

Nhallquist
Helper V
Helper V

Have you tried adding both City and County to the Legend and utilizing the Drill down feature, rather than a slicer?

Yes it works. Only small cocern is user has no clue that there is drill down feature, since it is just a small icon. 

Roughly, how many values do you typically have for County?  That will help me better understand the design challenge.

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@thusharam In power bi desktop you can use slicer visual to implement this. 

Capture.PNG

Yes we tried slicer, but in order to capture selection that user do at slicer, we need to use measure. But we cannot move measure to legend value. 

If you have any other way of doing it using slicer, please let me know some detail on how we can accomplish that.

Thanks

Thushara M.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.