Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pfin

Conditionally Hide Columns OR User Selects Columns For Report

I need to conditionally hide a column or even better yet, let the USER determine which columns are shown in the report. My users are simply consumers and NOT technical at all. They will manipulate filters at most. This is very hard to explain without walking through, but here is my example...

Example: I have a process that produces a table where the # of columns varies depending on the "Options" selected for each Make and Model. In this example, for each Make/Model there are 7 static fields that will ALWAYS appear. Then depending on the Make/Model, there will be "Options". User selects which "Options" to include in the report. When "Run" is selected (this is outside of Power BI), the table is produced in SQL Server with the 7 static fields and whichever "Options" fields were selected (let's assume 5 "Options" were selected). I need my Power BI report to either (1) show all fields in that table (12 in this example) which could have different "Options" columns each time (ie, table is dynamic) dependent on Make/Model dependent "Options" OR (2) In one master table with all "Options" provided, find a way to let USER select which "Options" columns to include in the report.

Is this even possible in Power BI?

1 REPLY 1
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Pfin ,

I guess Matrix may realize it,could you pls provide more details such as screenshots or if possible,could you pls provide some sample data with expected output?

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.