Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sshweky
Helper III
Helper III

Conditional visibility of a visualization in Power BI report

Is there any way I can make a visualization appear only if a certain condition is true?

5 REPLIES 5
Gianluca88
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi all,

any news about this interesting topic, I mean the possibility to hide/show a visual dynamically by means of a meaure for example. At the moment, a possible workaround is using a bookmark for example, but it is quite frustrating since we forced the user to perform an unuseless selection with a bookmark botton.

Thanks,

Gianluca

I've spoken to Microsoft about this. Don't expect anything, anytime soon. Until then, I have an article about a work around. https://exceleratorbi.com.au/show-or-hide-a-power-bi-visual-based-on-selection/

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Many thanks @MattAllington for your prompt answer

I don't believe so,  But here is an idea.  If someone could copy the Image code and add a binary option to turn the image on/off based on some measure.  Then you could put a white box over another visualisation and have it appear or disappear.  So now all you need to do is find a developer that can do this.

https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Depends the visual and the condition..I have done something similar  for a bar chart to show up only when a slicer value is selected. 

Actually it does't shows up , it is there BUT if you remove the chart  axis, titles and labes and the values are blank it seems like there is no chart., shows nothing. Not ideal on all situations but is a workaround.

The condition can be a filter/slicer value or even a number on sales..

Modify your measure to something like below to fit your condition

Shows on filter =
IF ( VALUES ( Clients[name] ) = "Kostas"; [YourMeasure] )

Shows on Value =
IF ( [Sales] > 1000; [YourMeasure] )

Hope it helps

Konstantinos Ioannou

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.