cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunkari Member

Conditional visibility of Power BI visual

Hi All,

Requirement: Need to show and hide Power BI-visual based on slicer selection. Slicer contains two value bar and line. Based on selection visual should show bar or line chart. We can achieve this based on conditional visibility.

As per my knowledge, conditional visibility is not available in Power BI directly.

Please share the workarounds which are available with you people to achieve this.

11 REPLIES 11
Super User
Super User

Re: Conditional visibility of Power BI visual

Hi @Sunkari,

You can strip back a Pie chart to just a single big circle which you can make white.  I think it might be possible to make this disappear or reappear based on a slicer selection to reveal or hide a visual below.

Just a thought

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Moderator Eric_Zhang

@Sunkari wrote:

Hi All,

Requirement: Need to show and hide Power BI-visual based on slicer selection. Slicer contains two value bar and line. Based on selection visual should show bar or line chart. We can achieve this based on conditional visibility.

As per my knowledge, conditional visibility is not available in Power BI directly.

Please share the workarounds which are available with you people to achieve this.

@Sunkari

I'm afraid there's no workaround. You can check this idea Dynamic Visibility and vote it up.

Super User
Super User

srda Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Better use a Treemap visual... ;-)

Sunkari Member

@srda:Could you please provide more context about.

Highlighted
srda Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Phil_Seamark in the previous post suggested a solution using a Pie Chart, my suggestion is to use a Treemap Chart wich has the advantage of being rectangular. You can use his pbi file and adjust the solution to use a Treemap visual and see wich results serve you best.

pimo Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Dear 

Super User
Super User

Hi @pimo

What you don't see is a giant white pie chart appears or disappears to show/hide the underlying visual.

This was before the advent of the Bookmark feature.  If I needed to do something similar now, I would use Bookmarks to show/hide visuals

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

ConnieL Visitor
Visitor

how fun!  thxs :-)