Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sunkari
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Conditional visibility of Power BI visual

Hi All,

Requirement: Need to show and hide Power BI-visual based on slicer selection. Slicer contains two value bar and line. Based on selection visual should show bar or line chart. We can achieve this based on conditional visibility.

As per my knowledge, conditional visibility is not available in Power BI directly.

Please share the workarounds which are available with you people to achieve this.

17 REPLIES 17
Alina_Fisher
Frequent Visitor

Here, check out this article,

allows conditional visibility for Power BI card.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/show-different-visuals-based-condition-power-bi-alina-fisher

Embedded82
Frequent Visitor

Hi everyone, I recently create an idea and asked the team to implement something similar to the SSRS visibility property.

You can vote for it at this link:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/36697297-visibilty-hide-an-item

It would be awesome

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Sunkari wrote:

Hi All,

Requirement: Need to show and hide Power BI-visual based on slicer selection. Slicer contains two value bar and line. Based on selection visual should show bar or line chart. We can achieve this based on conditional visibility.

As per my knowledge, conditional visibility is not available in Power BI directly.

Please share the workarounds which are available with you people to achieve this.

@Sunkari

I'm afraid there's no workaround. You can check this idea Dynamic Visibility and vote it up.

Hi, 

Could you please explain how you created a hide and display chart ? I need to apply for it my tables. Looking forward to hearing ffrom you. 

Thank you

Como lo lograste??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please share the .pbix file for better understanding.

@Phil_Seamarkany chance you rehost that pbix? (link is dead)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Phil_Seamark This is great. The only unfortunate thing I've noticed is that when you hide visual A under visual B, everything works as expected, but, when users who should not see visual A open the report on the Service, they see visual A flash up for an instant- not long, but long enough to confuse them. In my case I'm hiding a logo specific to a sub-set of users. The workaround works fine the them, but all other users see something they shouldn't. I guess this really needs a proper implementation!

how fun!  thxs 🙂

Dear 

Hi @pimo

What you don't see is a giant white pie chart appears or disappears to show/hide the underlying visual.

This was before the advent of the Bookmark feature.  If I needed to do something similar now, I would use Bookmarks to show/hide visuals

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Better use a Treemap visual... 😉

Sunkari
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@srda:Could you please provide more context about.

srda
Frequent Visitor

Phil_Seamark in the previous post suggested a solution using a Pie Chart, my suggestion is to use a Treemap Chart wich has the advantage of being rectangular. You can use his pbi file and adjust the solution to use a Treemap visual and see wich results serve you best.

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @Sunkari,

You can strip back a Pie chart to just a single big circle which you can make white.  I think it might be possible to make this disappear or reappear based on a slicer selection to reveal or hide a visual below.

Just a thought

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hello @Phil_Seamark ,

Your work-around is great!  The hide/show pane can be overhelming for an end user.  I tried going to the sharepoint site but it did not work.  Could you send me your solution/pbix?

Thank you so much for sharing!

Katie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors