Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional running total

I am trying to get a running total of translated words in progress and subtract the words in progress once they are completed. 

Running Total Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(DataDump1[Calc Words In Progress]),
                                                    FILTER(ALL(DataDump1), DataDump1[Sent To Language Teams] <=

MAX(DataDump1[Sent To Language Teams])
                                                                      && YEAR(DataDump1[Sent To Language Teams] =

YEAR(DataDump1[Sent To Language Teams]))))

I am not sure if I can use a date slicer to get what I am looking for. I have tried and am not able to get the result I want. 

I was hoping someone can help me edit the formula above or explain how this can be done so I can see how many translated words are in progress based off how many words a person can translate in a given month. 

Thank you in advance for all the help and advice you can give!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-juanli-msft

Thank you trying to help. I was able to find the solution. I had it all along I just had to put the date slicer as a visual and it worked. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-juanli-msft

Thank you trying to help. I was able to find the solution. I had it all along I just had to put the date slicer as a visual and it worked. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @v-juanli-msft Thank you for responding.

I am trying to take the running total that I have calculated but subtract the translated words in progress from the running total after a certain date. 

The example data:

translated words in progressstart dateDelivery date
25001/2/20181/15/2018
32001/5/20181/25/2018
30001/10/20181/25/2018
20001/25/20182/15/2018
25002/5/20182/25/2018
15002/10/20183/1/2018
10003/5/20183/26/2018
50003/15/20184/2/2018
60003/30/2018

4/20/2018

So I want to create a graph that shows the running total of translated words in progress. However, when the date for delivery date passes. I want the number of translated words in progress to subtract from the running total. 

Example, on 1/10/2018 I want the running total to show 8,700. Which it does in the formula I have posted in the original post. This next step is where I am confused on how to perform this. 

I want to use a slicer on delivery date and look at words in progress after a certain date. For example, I want to look at a date period from 1/16/2018 to Today. Since I am not looking at 1/15/2018 I want 2,500 to subtract from the running total. I should see 6,200 for the running total now. 

I hope I have made it a little more clear as to what I am trying to accomplish. If not I can try explaining it a different way. 

Thank you for your help and looking into this issue for me. 

I am new to power bi and trying to learn all this while building this report. So any help or tips are much appreciated and welcomed! 🙂

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

How do you mean "use a date slicer to get what I am looking for"?

What is the condition of running total?

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.