Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Conditional formatting

Hello, I have a measure that I need to have conditional formatting applied on. But for some reason It does not respond to the formatting. Does anyone have any idea of the reason, and how the formatting can be applied?

Measure deliv = CALCULATE(SUMX('Delivery Q2';'TS Delivery Q2'[On Time])/sum('Delivery Q2'[Total # of order lines]))*100
Calc-value = IF(ISBLANK([Measure deliv]);0;
                    IF(0,2*[Measure deliv]-16<0;0;
                        IF('Delivery Q2'[Measure deliv]<85;0,2*[Measure deliv]-16;
                            IF([Measure deliv]<96;0,1818*[Measure deliv]-14,445;
                                IF([Measure deliv]-93>5;5;[Measure deliv]-93)
                                )
                             )
                          )
                       )

Calc value will return values between 0-5 and is the measure that i want to apply formatting to.

Connect on LinkedIn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @tex628,

Based on my test, the returned value of [Calc-value] is changed dynamically depend on the actual value of [Measure deliv]. 

What do you mean " but the formatting doesn't work."? Please describe your scenario with sample data. Also, please show us what the correct result should be and what the incorrect result you have got.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @tex628,

Based on my test, the returned value of [Calc-value] is changed dynamically depend on the actual value of [Measure deliv]. 

What do you mean " but the formatting doesn't work."? Please describe your scenario with sample data. Also, please show us what the correct result should be and what the incorrect result you have got.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

What i meant was that the conditional formatting did not work. But i solved the issue, in my table i had a value incorrectly displayed as "First value" by removing the summarization the formatting started working 🙂

/ J

Connect on LinkedIn
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

When you say that it doesn't respond to formatting, are you saying that you don't get the option or that when you configure the formatting that it doesn't work?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I get the option, but the formatting doesn't work. 

Connect on LinkedIn

Which version of Power BI are you on? I just did this for a measure defined as below on the June 2018 version and it worked perfectly:

DiconnectedTableTrick = 
VAR __myVariable = 
SWITCH(
    MAX([Category]),
    "0-50 percent",1,
    "51-75 percent",2,
    "75-100 percent",3
)
RETURN __myVariable

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Version: 2.59.5135.601 64-bit (juni 2018),

I dont know why it isnt working, i'm wondering if it has something to do with the data format but from what i can tell everything is formatted to numeric values.

/ Johannes

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors