Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

D1ltang
Frequent Visitor

Conditional formatting two measures in a stacked bar chart

Hi All

I have a stacked bar chart with two measures used in the values section (Planned Admission Count and Predicted Admission Count)

D1ltang_0-1593555216556.png

I want to apply a RAG status here haven't found a solution yet.

e.g. if planned admission count < 5 then green

and if predicted admission count < 5 then a lighter shade of green.

I tried creating two SWITCH() measures on top of these measures but it only works for if you have a single measure in the bar chart as you value.

e.g.

Predicted Admissions RAG = SWITCH(TRUE(), [Predicted Admission Count] < 5, "#31A175"
, [Predicted Admission Count] = 5, "#FFAB05"
, [Predicted Admission Count] > 5, "#EE4837")

Below is what I see if I only place the Predicted Admissions Count on the stacked bar chart

image.png 

image.png 

I have found people asking similar questions here but I don't really want overlay two visuals.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI  @D1ltang 

Since there are two measure in stacked bar chart, so it could not achieve use conditional formatting.

As a workround, you could divide [Predicted Admissions Count] into two measure as below:

Predicted Admissions Count< 5 = IF([Predicted Admissions Count]<5,[Predicted Admissions Count])
Predicted Admissions Count>5 = IF([Predicted Admissions Count]>=5,[Predicted Admissions Count])

Then set datacolour as below:

3.JPG

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI  @D1ltang 

Since there are two measure in stacked bar chart, so it could not achieve use conditional formatting.

As a workround, you could divide [Predicted Admissions Count] into two measure as below:

Predicted Admissions Count< 5 = IF([Predicted Admissions Count]<5,[Predicted Admissions Count])
Predicted Admissions Count>5 = IF([Predicted Admissions Count]>=5,[Predicted Admissions Count])

Then set datacolour as below:

3.JPG

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@D1ltang afaik, if you are using legend or multiple measures, it doesn't have the functionality for conditional formatting, only when a single measure is used and no columns in the legend, you can use the conditional formatting.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors