Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional formatting totals/subtotals

Dear PowerCommunity,

When you try to format a value or symbol based on a value it will not work for the totals and subtotals. I came across this issue a few times in the forum but I have also found the following report (link below) that managed to either do the trick, or format it on the source side, which is not likely because of the difference in language.

Capture.PNG

Is there indeed a trick for this?

Kind regards,

Michiel

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZDRmOTA2ODMtMDk4My00YzEzLTkxYjItNTYzZGUwZTgxZWJmIiwidCI6IjU3N...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Michiel,

Please don't share anything confidential here.

That could be only a measure which shows up the Emoji. Please refer to the demo below.

Measure 9 =
IF ( [Measure 11] <= 70000, UNICHAR ( 128308 ), UNICHAR ( 128309 ) )

Conditional-formatting-totalssubtotals

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michiel,

How did you ctreated the Matrix on Page 4 ? did you use the default matrix with Power BI or Custom one

Can you share page 4 with us I would like to see how do you laid out the column?

Thanks,

Ed Dror

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear @Anonymous ,

The report is not mine, but a publically available sample report (couldnt find the pbix however).

The matrix is standard but they inserted a background to make it look fancy. Try using Vectr (or paint 8d)! 

Kind regards, 

Michiel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Michiel,

Thank you

Oded Dror

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Michiel,

Please don't share anything confidential here.

That could be only a measure which shows up the Emoji. Please refer to the demo below.

Measure 9 =
IF ( [Measure 11] <= 70000, UNICHAR ( 128308 ), UNICHAR ( 128309 ) )

Conditional-formatting-totalssubtotals

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi there,

The green and yellow circle unichar codes don't work. Do you know how this report was created? 

Thanks

Go to Conditional Formatiing, Icons = On, Advanced controls, then Totals only.

Hi @v-jiascu-msft ,

your solution is so good, but after I use it in my report, my collegues said he can't see the blue/red circle on the website, only see a weird circle, do you know the reason?

unichar showing problem.png

Thanks.

Aiolos Zhao

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply/soltuion 🙂 The report is a demo! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.