Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Krcmajster
Helper IV
Helper IV

Conditional formatting stacked column chart with multiple vlues

Hi, 

Is there a way to put conditional foramting on stacked bar chart with multiple values.

I want to highlight 1 or 2 specific columns in the chart  so that they stand out somwhow. Problem is when I add 2 values I no longer have the posibility to add conditional formating. Any other way of highlighting or making them stand out is fine.

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Krcmajster ,

I’m a little confused for what values to be added while conditional formatting?   If you have more than one values in values fields, there is no option of conditional formatting directly.  But it will display all the columns ,then you can change the colors.  And if you want to add values in conditional formatting, you can choose Format by Rules. If I understand incorrectly, please post your expected result. We can help you as soon as possible.

1. Many values  in values fields. You  can change the colors directly.

0.jpg

1. Add values in conditional formatting . you can choose to format by rules and add multiple values . Click  Format -- >Data colors -- > Conditional Formatting

1.png2.jpg3.jpg

In this way, you can reference this document to learn more.

In addition, You can turn on Show all, then all the values will be displayed.

4.jpg

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xuding-msft  Thanks. The first chart that you used I want to conditionally format but, as I tought and you have mentioned, it is not possible to conditionally format. 

Here is the problem:

You are comparing your company to few other based on classes of workers (HR, Finance, Sales etc.)

And you would use the first visual you have added, with many values in values field. But you want your company to stick out, so when you are comaparing your company to let's say 20 others your eye can instantly catch it insted of reading every X axis lable. Any workaround would be great as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.