Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jderekc
Helper IV
Helper IV

Conditional formatting specific cells in a table

Hi all,

First, I've read the following thread: "Is there a way to do a simple conditional format on a matrix?"

The solution doesn't really answer the question for the OP of that thread nor I.  I was wondering if there is a way to flag a cell in a table (or matrix--which doesn't seem possible to apply conditional formatting to) if it contains a certain value.  For instance: 0.  It would be great if I could do conditional formatting for values in column B to be yellow if they are less than their counterpart values in column A.

Basically if a sales order got posted for 1 quantity of a product and an organization could not fulfil it, thus leaving a total of 0 fulfilled, this should be conditionally formatted to be highlighted as a red flag of sorts.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

- Derek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Twilla
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Derek,

Conditional formatting is very basic in Power BI so please put a Vote for the following idea:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/19385893-conditional-formatting-c...

The only way for you to get some kind of conditional formatting is to create an extra column (measure or calculated), there you could make a binary value based on B<A and set the color for that column. You could also subtract A from B and use conditional formatting on the resulting column. So concluding, it is not possible to do conditional formatting of one column, looking at another one.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

See if this idea is of any help. https://youtu.be/VIYJ8YM2huQ
Twilla
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Derek,

Conditional formatting is very basic in Power BI so please put a Vote for the following idea:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/19385893-conditional-formatting-c...

The only way for you to get some kind of conditional formatting is to create an extra column (measure or calculated), there you could make a binary value based on B<A and set the color for that column. You could also subtract A from B and use conditional formatting on the resulting column. So concluding, it is not possible to do conditional formatting of one column, looking at another one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know if this has been updated in the new version? If not do you think you can explain for someone new to Power Bi how they would solve.

Store number  l Expected Online l Actual Online

1559                         4                            2

So I am trying to have the 2 or background highlight Red...Cell value Expected online < Acutal Online

Thanks, Twilla!  I suspected as much.  I went ahead and voted for that idea and accepted your comments as a solution.  Have a great day!

- Derek

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.