Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Izzy
Frequent Visitor

Conditional formatting on measure value on one column on different rows.(Cross join table)

Hi all,

I have built a cross join table, the structure is as followed. In this table every possible retailer for each product.2019-05-23 15_40_40-Window.png

Now I want to do conditional formatting, but the color is for the whole price not for a single product. How can I deal with this? I really need help! 

Market Snapshot_multiple products.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hey @Izzy 

it seems the link you provided is not working, this can be due to the following, your O365 disabled the sharing with people outside of your organization (if this is the case, consider dropbox), or you just have to change the settings inside the sharing option 🙂

But nevertheless, currently it's almost not possible to achive what you are looking for, as it's not possible to apply the color rowwise or columnwise. For this reason I recommend for some of the custom visuals available.

You can also try to create a measure that returns the properly formatted color, but this will become quite complex as the color scale functionality has to be rebuild using DAX statements.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

Hi @TomMartens ,

Thanks for your help. Maybe you can check the latest link below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amvhdh7h1ZAqaDa0vpi58EKQadY

But I think I can't build a custom DAX to deal with this, the real data is too complex.

So, is there another to method to handle this?

I am very grateful for your help!

Kind Regards,

Izzy

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Izzy,

I have to ask for more details, as I do not understand what you are looking for.

Can you please create a pbix that uses sample data, upload the pbix file to onedrive or dropbox and share the link. Please provide additional screenshots that are based on the sample data and are showing what's going on and what you really want to achieve.

Regards,

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hi @TomMartens ,

Thank you for your reply. I have created the pbix files please download it as the link below.

https://unsw-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/z5176186_ad_unsw_edu_au/EauUOOQGWqlEpb4VpymgawQBnkP5FU...

As you can see these figures, the color scale is done by the whole price but not for a single product.  If I want to do so, how can I deal with it.2019-05-27 17_23_39-Untitled - Power BI Desktop.png2019-05-27 17_23_50-Untitled - Power BI Desktop.png

Kind Regards,

Izzy

Hey Izzy,

I still do not get what you are looking for, I guess you want the color scale applied for each product separately?

Regards,

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hi @TomMartens ,

Absolutely yes. That is what i want.

Kind Regards,

Izzy

Hey @Izzy 

it seems the link you provided is not working, this can be due to the following, your O365 disabled the sharing with people outside of your organization (if this is the case, consider dropbox), or you just have to change the settings inside the sharing option 🙂

But nevertheless, currently it's almost not possible to achive what you are looking for, as it's not possible to apply the color rowwise or columnwise. For this reason I recommend for some of the custom visuals available.

You can also try to create a measure that returns the properly formatted color, but this will become quite complex as the color scale functionality has to be rebuild using DAX statements.

Regards,

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hi @TomMartens ,

Thanks for your help. Maybe you can check the latest link below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amvhdh7h1ZAqaDa0vpi58EKQadY

But I think I can't build a custom DAX to deal with this, the real data is too complex.

So, is there another to method to handle this?

I am very grateful for your help!

Kind Regards,

Izzy

Hey @Izzy 

just check the available custom visuals from the store:

image.png

Regards,

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.