Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional formatting on data type in chart

Hi! 

In my report I have a bar chart which shows values which are dependent on which category you choose in a filter. However the values are always shown in one format, based on the data type.

Is there a way to format some values (dependent on which category you choose) as a percentage and others as a whole number for instance?

Or is the only way to split up the data in your datamodel in two fields? (one formatted as percentage, the other as whole number). However this would mean I cannot use one datafield for the chart and one filter.. 

Hope somebody has an idea! 

Many thanks in advance!

Max

2 REPLIES 2
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

Please can you provide a data sample and the expected outcom.

The below will help you get your question answered quickly, please read it.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Best Regards,
Mariusz

Please feel free to connect with me.
Mariusz Repczynski

Hello,

He probably meant something like this:

DESCRIPTION                                                             TYPE            VALUE
Average # services per case (excluding info cases)      #              0.482515549
Average # services per case (excluding info cases)      #              0.403145397
Average # services per case (excluding info cases)      #              3.088306458
ROS rate                                                                       %              0.732774807
ROS rate                                                                       %              0.726065676
ROS rate                                                                       %              0.739737388
ROS rate                                                                       %              0.724623188

So, the question would be, how to conditionally change the data type for the values of "value" depending on the character of the column "type".

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.