Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

atul9063
Helper III
Helper III

Conditional formatting on Rows

Hi ,

I want below color formating on rows .I want either font or background color according to status value.I m not able to achieve this any help please.

image.png

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@TomMartens Thanks for replying

I have used below approach.

I have created Color Table with Color Id and Color Name Columns

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

this is my table

image.png

using conditional formatting on column this ...

image.png

... like so ...

image.png

... creates this output (i already did the same for the column that) ...

image.png

Important: you have to use a Power BI Desktop version that supports Conditional Formatting by "Field value", this feature has been introduced in Power BI Desktop with the August 2018 release, as I'm using the October release - it's there. You may have to consider to upgrade your current Power BI Desktop version if your version does not this option.

This blog post by Chris Webb lists the supported color names: https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2018/08/10/colour-names-supported-in-power-bi-conditional-formatting/

Please be aware, that there is a little glitch (but does not have any effect on functionality) within the dialog of the Conditional Formatting, but this will be fixed soon. Whenever you make the setting for the Conditional Formatting the dialog will look similar to this:

image.png

Hopefully this is what you are looking for!

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

@TomMartens Thanks for replying

I have used below approach.

I have created Color Table with Color Id and Color Name Columns

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

I found that cross filter direction needs to be 'both' in the relationship if using the original Color ID in visuals.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I belive we have to do this for each column in table. 

Is there anyway to do the Conditional Background Color for whole row and not individual column? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This solution doesn't work.... Or there's some step missing....

this solution doesn't work 

Hi @atul9063

Glad to hear you've solved it, please accept your solution, that way, other community members will easily find the solution when they get same issue.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Christann
Helper IV
Helper IV

Currently there is no cappibility for custom formatting text, but you could create a custom column which inserts a number for each color. Then you can create a custom formatting rule using your custom column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.